CAMPBELL, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Enterprise Session Border Controllers market size and forecast report, which tracks enterprise session border controller (eSBC) manufacturer revenue and the number of sessions sold by system size and business size.
“For the first time ever, Cisco captured the lead in the enterprise session border controller market, taking 26% revenue market share in the first half of 2012,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research. “Cisco’s been able to turn its market-leading position in IP PBXs, VoIP gateways, and data networking equipment into an advantage, upselling its enterprise SBCs to this customer base as they transition to services such as SIP trunking.”
ENTERPRISE SBC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Worldwide revenue for enterprise SBCs hit $82.5 million in the first half of 2012 (1H12)
- Systems with fewer than 800 sessions comprise the largest share of enterprise SBC sales
- Cisco and Acme Packet are the top enterprise SBC vendors by 1H12 global revenue share
- Competitive pressures during the first half of the year impacted average revenue per session downward
- Infonetics Research forecasts the enterprise SBC market to grow strongly, topping $430 million in 2016
ENTERPRISE SBC REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual Enterprise SBC report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts, analysis, and trends for enterprise SBC revenue and sessions by system and business size in North America, Asia Pacific, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa), and Central and Latin America. Companies tracked include Acme Packet, Adtran, AudioCodes, Avaya, Cisco, Dialogic, Edgewater, GENBAND, Ingate, Innomedia, Media5, OneAccess, Sangoma, Siemens Enterprise, Sonus Networks, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.