BEDFORD, MA–(Marketwire – Oct 18, 2012) - Acme Packet (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery networks, today announced the Net-Net 6300, a new standard for platforms designed to assure trusted, first-class services for the world’s largest and most advanced interactive IP communications networks.
The Net-Net 6300 leverages Acme Packet’s feature-rich Net-Net OS software and state-of-the-art hardware in a tightly integrated system that delivers unprecedented throughput, performance, and capacity — all in a 3U form factor.
With this unique architecture, the Net-Net 6300 can also lower service provider capital and operational costs by reducing power, cooling, cabling, and rack space requirements — including potentially reducing the number of managed session border controller (SBC) elements in the network by as much as 75%.
Net-Net 6300 Highlights:
- High throughput: Designed to handle bandwidth-intensive services and applications, the Net-Net 6300 features a 70 gigabits per second (Gbps) network processor and the industry’s first 10 Gbps interface designed to deliver a system throughput of up to 40 Gbps — more than eight times that of previous generation systems.
- Maximum signaling performance: The Net-Net 6300′s full 64-bit symmetrical multiprocessing capabilities and quad-core CPU design are engineered to deliver more than twice the signaling performance of comparable SBC platforms. Additional processors in the Net-Net 6300 accelerate TLS or IPsec-encrypted SIP session establishment.
- Leading session and subscriber capacity: The Net-Net 6300 is capable of supporting up to 200,000 signaled sessions, 80,000 media sessions, and 1,000,000 subscribers simultaneously. With session capacity of up to five times greater than comparable platforms, the Net-Net 6300 is designed for emerging services that are expected to generate high subscriber counts and call volumes in the future, such as voice over Long Term Evolution (VoLTE), rich communication suite (RCS/RCS-e), and video calling.
- Advanced encryption hardware: A high-performance 32-core processor supports each 10 Gbps network interface and enables wire-rate encryption for up to 32,000 simultaneous call legs, 300,000 TLS tunnels, and 500,000 bidirectional IMS Authenticated Key Exchange (AKA) sessions.
- High-end transcoding: The Net-Net 6300 has been designed to support high-density transcoding hardware, when available, making it well-equipped to handle the anticipated explosion in transcoding requirements for VoLTE, HD voice, and other services.
- Modular expansion: The new platform allows customers to expand network connectivity, encryption capacity, or transcoding hardware as requirements demand. A rear-accessible 600 GB disk drive is also available to store call detail records, log files, and other critical Net-Net 6300 data.
- Flexibility: The new Net-Net 6300 can be utilized for a wide array of services and applications, and supports Acme Packet’s Net-Net Session Director (SBC), Session Router (SRP) or SIP Multimedia Xpress (SMX) product configurations.
- Highly Resilient: The Net-Net 6300 features carrier-class high availability and NEBS certification to ensure non-stop operation and survivability in the most mission-critical services and applications.
- Manageability: Since the Net-Net 6300 leverages the same field-proven code base used by the market-leading Net-Net 4500, it carries forward and extends the functionality and operational experience offered by the Net-Net 4500.
“The SBCs needed to support future services such as VoLTE and HD video calling will have to deliver increasingly higher levels of performance and capacity to support anticipated subscriber volumes, as well as the advanced functionality that these services will require,” said Diane Myers, Principal Analyst, VoIP, UC, and IMS, Infonetics Research. “With the Net-Net 6300, Acme Packet has delivered a platform that is aimed at meeting the requirements of these next-gen communication networks.”
More at www.acmepacket.com