SAN FRANCISCO – October 17, 2012 – TelcoTV, the largest conference and expo focused on video broadband network service providers in the U.S., will feature the Cloud Services Summit, a co-located executive summit produced by Telecompetitor. Cloud and managed services represent one of the more promising business opportunities for broadband carriers, giving them tools for additional revenue stream and broader customer acquisition. The Cloud Services Summit – taking place on the last day of TelcoTV which runs from October 24 to 26, 2012 at the Las Vegas Hotel, Nevada – will provide educational, networking and business development opportunities for both the broadband carrier and cloud services ecosystems. For more information on TelcoTV and the Cloud Services Summit, visit www.telcotvonline.com.
“There is a transformational evolution underway that will fundamentally change the provisioning and delivery of business and consumer applications,” says Bernie Arnason, Publisher of Telecompetitor. “The Cloud Services Summit will provide clarity and insight into the rise of Cloud services technologies and their respective business opportunities, from a broadband carrier’s point of view.”
The Cloud Services Summit program brings together industry experts, thought leaders, and likeminded peers to put cloud and managed services into context for today’s broadband carrier. The Summit takes place on October 26 from 10am to 5pm and will kick off with a keynote address from Marc Hayden, Executive Vice President of CHR Solutions.
Other program highlights include:
- Building Blocks for the Cloud: A Solid IP Foundation will be presented by Steve Senne, Chief Technology Officer and Vice President at Finley Engineering. The building blocks for these services involve an IP technology foundation that is designed and built for the robust delivery of consumer and business applications. This session will examine the importance of this foundation and how to achieve it.
- Thought leaders from Verizon, Cisco and ATIS’ Cloud Services Forum will come together to discuss Converged Video Communications. During this session, panelists will discuss lessons learned from live testing and how these findings – and aspects such as video measurement, quality of experience and integration with other architecture domains – enable a high-quality, seamless telepresence experience.
- The Maximizing Virtualization session will help attendees better understand the role of virtualization and its benefits, and will examine virtualization as a key concept for the delivery of Cloud and Managed Services. Jay Cathrell, Lead Principal vArchitect, VCE, will discuss how virtualization enables service providers to more efficiently offer a broader and more diverse product portfolio, while reducing CAPEX and OPEX.
- The evolution of networking now includes a software approach to network management. The Software Defined Networking session promises to help network operators simplify the provisioning and delivery of services, as well as more flexibility in the control plane. Milan Todorovic of N-Com will discuss the growing role of software defined networking for network operators.
- Jeff Leslie, President and CEO of ITS Telecom, will outline Best Practices for the Data Center. With broadband carriers increasingly looking to the data center as a key component of their network strategy, many have already built or acquired data centers and learned important lessons as a result. Attendees will walk away with best practices for evaluating their data center strategy.
- With a look to the future, Eric Tabor from Twin Valley, Jim O’Neill from Parks Associates, and Mike Timar from Alteva will discuss Cloud Applications with Promise. Whether it’s hosted IP voice, disaster recovery services or unified communications, the number of applications enabled by the Cloud are on the rise. This session provides key perspectives on the applications that are in demand and offer the best ROI for broadband carriers.
Admission to the Cloud Services Summit is included in the TelcoTV 2012 Executive Pass or it can be purchased separately. Find more information here.
Now in its 11th year, the annual TelcoTV event produced by UBM TechWeb in collaboration with NTCA (National Telecommunications Cooperative Association), provides an opportunity for operators large and small, as well as the equipment, services and content vendors that serve them, to connect and discuss the latest business, technologies, trends and regulatory insights.
More at http://www.telcotvonline.com