Flexible Diameter Signaling Controllers and Session Border Controllers Accelerate Time-to-Market, Reduce Cost and Complexity
BEDFORD, MA–(Marketwire – Sep 5, 2012) – Acme Packet (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery networks, today announced that Aicent, Inc., a leading provider of mobile data network and wireless communications services for service providers, has deployed Acme Packet solutions to support its global, next-generation IP-Exchange (IPX) and Long Term Evolution (LTE) roaming exchange services.
- Aicent deployed the Acme Packet Net-Net Diameter Director to support its global LTE roaming service and the Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director to manage SIP interconnects for its IPX service.
- Acme Packet’s Diameter signaling controller enables Aicent to offer mobile service providers a single connection for all Diameter interconnections based on Aicent’s extensive partnerships with LTE operators located throughout the world.
- The Acme Packet solutions provide extensive SIP and Diameter normalization, mediation, and interworking functions that enable Aicent to accelerate service deployment, as well as comprehensive security and traffic management capabilities that protect against network overloads and malicious attacks.
- The products allow Aicent to offer flexible IP-based voice, video and data exchange services without compromising service quality or service availability.
- Rapid time-to-market and customer turn-up for new IPX and LTE roaming services
- Quality of service-enabled IPX solution for VoIP, voice over LTE, and LTE data and video services
- Intelligent routing enforces roaming policy and business logic
- Comprehensive performance management simplifies network planning and service level agreement monitoring
“We are pleased to leverage Acme Packet’s technology to support our next-generation IPX infrastructure for session control and diameter signal routing,” said David Zhang, CTO & VP of Engineering, Aicent. ”Over the past ten years, Aicent has established roaming and peering agreements with some of the largest service providers in the world, including China Mobile, Verizon, China Unicom, and AT&T. Acme Packet’s solutions will help us further grow these relationships with new cost-effective and flexible IP-based interworking and LTE roaming services.”
“Aicent is an innovative first-mover in helping mobile operators migrate to the all-IP world,” said Don Troshynski, vice president of solutions architecture, Acme Packet. “Building upon our strong foundation of session border controllers within Aicent’s IPX network, our Net-Net Diameter Director has enabled Aicent to quickly establish flexible and interoperable LTE roaming services.”
More at www.acmepacket.com