Global Leader to Highlight Five Key Service Areas, Supporting All Aspects of the Device Lifecycle in New Orleans
INDIANAPOLIS, May 7, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Brightpoint, Inc., a global leader in providing device lifecycle services to the wireless industry, today announced that it will showcase its services at the International CTIA Wireless 2012 show in New Orleans, May 8-10. First introduced earlier this year, the five key service areas encompass the strategic suite of end-to-end supply chain and customization solutions that help customers access new channels and markets, achieve quicker responsiveness and greater flexibility, and lower cost structure to ensure stronger profitability.
“The lifecycle of wireless devices has been shrinking steadily, while product features, applications, and overall complexity continue to expand rapidly due to the popularity of smartphones and tablets,” said Larry Paulson, BrightPoint’s executive vice president and chief marketing officer. “As a result, our customers look to partner with BrightPoint at every critical business stage — from product planning and forecasting, channel access, customization and distribution to device recovery. Our expertise, global footprint and IT innovations, deliver increased operational efficiencies and maximum value to our customers. And, although our presence and capabilities stretch around the globe, we maintain our core philosophy of local responsiveness and individual attention to every customer we serve.”
BrightPoint offers more than 110 device lifecycle services globally aligned with five key service areas:
– PLAN. Forecast and manage supply chain lifecycles to reduce cost and complexity, while enabling more accurate forecasting, faster product development and time to market.
– MARKET. Create increased demand and gain access to global sales channels with credit and collection services offering economies of scale and financial risk reduction.
– CUSTOMIZE. Configure, prepare and enable devices to meet each individual customer’s customization requirements through certified engineering services able to provide just-in-time updates and flash customization of mobile devices.
– MOVE. Deliver devices when and where they need to be through efficient and reliable global logistics and transportation services, favorable worldwide shipping rates, and supply chain optimization.
– RECOVER. Realize maximum value and generate new revenue from returned and recaptured devices through an innovative approach of repair, refurbish, and recycle, designed to fully support each customer’s environmental and sustainability goals.
“As the wireless industry evolves, BrightPoint is leading the charge with a services strategy that meets our customers’ demands,” added Paulson. “Our focus and approach on integrated device lifecycle services reflects our commitment to customer excellence and to delivering efficiency, scalability, flexibility and transparency to our customers’ business.”
More at www.BrightPoint.com