IRVINE, Calif., April 17, 2012 ― Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba), www.telecom.toshiba.com, and XO Communications, www.xo.com, today announced interoperability certification of Toshiba’s family of IPedge IP business communication systems with XO’s SIP trunking services. XO SIP trunking services are now available from Authorized Toshiba Dealers nationwide.
“This certification confirms that Toshiba’s IPedge systems and XO SIP integrate together, providing enterprises with the confidence of reliable telephone service and equipment with SIP trunking service,” said Mark Carpenter, vice president of Product Management for Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division.
“With this agreement, Authorized Toshiba Dealers can now offer their Toshiba IPedge customers a cost-effective, easy-to-deploy and easy-to-manage SIP trunking solution as part of their overall enterprise telephony system,” said Jake Heinz, vice president of Product Marketing and Strategy at XO Communications.
About XO SIP Trunking Services
XO Communications’ SIP trunking services allow businesses and large enterprises to converge voice and data services over a single network and take advantage of the latest VoIP and unified communications applications while increasing efficiencies and reducing costs. XO SIP trunking services include:
- XO SIP: For businesses with a few locations, this service provides a native SIP trunk directly to your IP-PBX, combining voice, data and Internet over a single IP connection.
- XO Enterprise SIP: For enterprises with dozens or even hundreds of locations, this service enables customers to manage VoIP services more cost effectively across multiple locations by leveraging a centrally deployed IP-PBX to deliver service to all your locations over a private MPLS IP-VPN network.
About Toshiba’s IPedge IP Business Telephone System
IPedge accommodates multiple unified communication applications on a single Linux server, including call processing, voice mail and unified messaging, meet-me conferencing with Web collaboration, Call Manager unified communications, native SIP line and SIP trunk support, mobility, survivability, networking with other IPedge and/or Strata CIX systems, centralized administration, and feature-rich telephone endpoints. Plus, add-on applications, uMobility Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) and Contact Center solutions are available with additional servers.
Benefits of the Linux server include survivability within or across the network to support business continuity and a higher level of security. A single IP address provides cost-effective deployment. SIP trunks work natively with the IPedge without requiring additional gateway equipment. With its IP technology and open standards, IPedge is designed for the long term as future endpoint devices and applications are built on standards to help ensure compatibility with the system, thus protecting the user’s investment.
Built-in features include:
- Toshiba’s Call Manager Unified Communications application;
- Enterprise Manager browser-based system administration with centralized multi-site management;
- Browser-based personal administration for individual users to program their own telephones;
- Flexible and feature-rich Unified Messaging;
- On-site mobility including Toshiba’s wireless IP telephones; and
- One hundred percent networking compatibility with Toshiba’s StrataCIX IP converged systems.