by Jeff Owen
The International Avaya Users Group (IAUG) is hosting their annual conference at the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center in Boston May 20–24, 2012.
IAUG combines the previous Avaya and heritage Nortel user groups into one of the world’s largest international organizations for communications technology professionals. As the forum for the global Avaya customer community, IAUG provides a voice and resource for Avaya customers everywhere.
The IAUG Global Education Conference provides comprehensive learning opportunities for current and prospective Avaya customers.
Top Reasons to Attend
- Network and share best practices with thousands of fellow Avaya users from around the world
- Engage one-on-one with Avaya’s executive leadership team and industry innovators
- Advance your career with unparalleled educational content including continuing education and professional development courses
- Connect with more than 130 partners at the Solutions Expo to explore the products and services guaranteed to provide the best return on your investment
- Participate in more than 200 content-rich educational sessions specifically designed to address today’s complex challenges.
Topics will include:
- Next Generation 911
- Lifecycle Management and Roadmap Planning
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Avaya Aura®
- Contact Center
- Control Manager
- Unified Communications
This is the largest such event in the world for Avaya customers and attendees will have the opportunity to hear from the Avaya executive leadership team, gain insight into today’s hottest communications topics and connect with peers and industry partners. Attendees are able to customize their conference experience with job specific educational sessions, one-on-one meetings with industry leaders and collaboration sessions with peers throughout the event.
I recently spoke with Richard Sullivan, IAUG Conference Chair, to gain some more insight into this event. Sullivan, “We’ve lined up what we think is a great educational and networking program that will really serve our members and anybody who is an Avaya user to a great extent.” You can hear the entire podcast at http://www.telecomreseller.com/?p=22291.
New this year is the addition of the word “Education” to the title of the conference emphasizing the focus IAUG is placing on education as a fundamental part of how they serve members. Thus, the conference this year is truly focused on educating and delivering knowledge to the attendees. Presentations will be made by experts in several fields from within Avaya, outside Avaya, and the dealer network.
Educational tracks at the 2012 event include:
- Collaboration & Mobility (Unified Communications Solutions)
- Contact Center
- Customer Connections
- CS2100/ SL100
- Data Networking
- Enterprise Core Communications
- Global Services
- Professional Development
- Solutions and Industry Topics
- System Management Tools
- Unified Messaging
IAUG Global Education Conference includes an exhibitor floor with more than 130 booths featuring vendors covering the entire Avaya ecosystem, including; Avaya, HP, IBM, Jabra, Zeacom, Windstream, AT&T, Acme Packet, Polycom, 911 Enable, 911 ETC Inc., Tone Software, Plantronics, and of course, Telecom Reseller. The full list of exhibitors is available at the IAUG website; http://www.iaug.org as well as the full schedule of sessions and speakers.
Anyone who currently uses Avaya solutions, or is evaluating Avaya for their organization, should attend this event to gain new insights or reinforce existing knowledge.
To learn more, and to register, visit http://www.iaug.org.