Avaya, Cisco End Strong
CAMPBELL, Calif., Feb 21, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its fourth quarter 2011 (4Q11) Enterprise Unified Communication, VoIP, and TDM Equipment vendor market share report, which tracks traditional PBX and KTS phone systems, IP PBX systems, voice over IP gateways, unified communications (UC) applications, and IP phones.
“Strong sales in Asia and Latin America helped push the overall enterprise PBX equipment market up 6% in 2011 over 2010, which is welcome news despite the flat final quarter of the year,” notes Diane Myers, directing analyst for VoIP and IMS at Infonetics Research. “Meanwhile, the economic situation in North America and EMEA challenged the PBX and unified communications markets in 2011, as small and medium businesses did not add employees at a rate that necessitated meaningful sales of PBX lines, and many continued to hold off on upgrades. Still, from the year-ago fourth quarter, global PBX revenue is up 2%, continuing the slow and steady recovery recorded throughout 2011 on a year-over-year basis.”
PBX AND UC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
– The global PBX/KTS system market totaled $8.43 billion in 2011, up from $7.97 billion
– The top PBX vendors remain in a tight battle to gain new customers and hold on to existing ones as enterprises migrate to IP and UC solutions
– Avaya maintains its lead by a hair over Cisco in global PBX/KTS revenue for the 2011 year, while Cisco led in the fourth quarter due to higher average selling prices on phones
– With the exception of the two market leaders and ShoreTel, which posted the highest PBX revenue growth in 2011, all other enterprise telephony vendors either lost share or stayed flat in 2011
– Pure IP PBX systems and unified messaging were the sole segments of the enterprise VoIP and UC equipment market to post sequential growth in the fourth quarter
– For the full year 2011, pure IP PBX line shipments grew strongest among all market segments, up 12%
Infonetics’ quarterly Enterprise Unified Communication, VoIP, and TDM Equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, analysis, and forecasts for the enterprise telephony market, including TDM PBX and KTS systems, hybrid and pure IP PBX systems, IP PBX by system size, VoIP gateways, unified communication applications (communicator, unified messaging), IP desk phones and IP soft phones. The report tracks Aastra, AudioCodes, Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Cisco, Dialogic, D-Link, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, NET/Quintum, Samsung, ShoreTel, Siemens Enterprise, Toshiba, Vertical, and others.
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Diane Myers’ client conference call with highlights from this report is March 14, 11:30 a.m. Eastern.
Join Infonetics and AudioCodes on Wed., Feb. 22, 11:00 a.m. Eastern for a one-hour Webinar: Year of the Lync — Migration to Microsoft Lync Voice Solutions. Learn more and register at http://bit.ly/ACtOQ3 .