DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7e0208/philippines_key) has announced the addition of the “Philippines – Key Statistics, Telecommunications Market and Fixed Network Operators” report to their offering.
While the telecom sector in the Philippines has witnessed considerable investment and activity since deregulation, the market has fallen short of its potential. However, the market has achieved much by finding a different direction from what was envisaged. The mobile market has been particularly energetic for some years now, with a genuine revolution in the development of SMS as an effective communications service. Even more significant ultimately has been the recent expansion in the broadband Internet sector. Broadband is finally building a healthy subscriber base, boosted by the considerable presence of wireless services in the mix of broadband platforms delivering service. Whilst the global financial problems, certainly caused some problems for the local telecom market, the negative impact seems to have dissipated. This report provides a statistical overview of the Philippines telecoms market together with some information on the way the market is developing. The report also includes some brief outlines covering the major fixed-line operators. The difficulty in obtaining accurate statistical information on this market is noted.
- In the telecom regulatory area, key developments include
- The NTC substantially increased administration fees for telecoms operators
- Pressure building on regulator to release more spectrum for wireless broadband services
- The regulator published draft recommendations on the minimum speed of broadband connections
- PLDT under siege on the issue of foreign ownership of its shares, with court ruling against the operator
- The NTC was working with the mobile operators to reduce interconnection fees for both voice calls and text messages.
Companies covered in this report include:
- Smart Communications
- Globe Telecom
- Liberty Telecom
- Bell Telecom
- Eastern Telecom (ETPI)
- Innove (Globe)
Key Topics Covered:
2. Key statistics
3. Country overview
4. Telecommunications market
5. Regulatory environment
6. Major fixed-network operators
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7e0208/philippines_key