New Network Management Solution Extends Capabilities of Avaya VENA; Greatly Simplifies Operation of Virtualized Data Centers
LAS VEGAS, NV–(Marketwire – May 10, 2011) -
- Avaya VPS streamlines the management of virtual machines and brings visibility, control and automation to virtualized data centers
- Integrates with VMware vCenter™ Server to provide a complete view of Ethernet infrastructure and virtual machines within and between data centers
- Avaya delivers VMware Ready™ solutions that demonstrate its commitment to computing and networking virtualization convergence
Avaya today announced that the industry-leading VMware vCenter™ Server will integrate with Avaya Virtualization Provisioning Service (VPS), a virtualization management solution that provides network administrators with the tools they need to manage, troubleshoot, provision and secure virtual machines (VM) in their networks. In its initial release, Avaya VPS will integrate with VMware vCenter Server to provide insight into the entire VM lifecycle — from activation to mobility to deletion — and update Avaya networking devices to react to changes in that lifecycle.
Avaya also announced VMware Ready™ status for several of its data solutions, including Avaya Identity Engines and SSL VPN gateway. VMware Ready status provides validation that Avaya’s solutions reliably interoperate with VMware environments. Other products will soon be added to this list by Avaya.
Part of the Avaya Virtual Enterprise Network Architecture (Avaya VENA), Avaya VPS increases IT efficiency, reduces time-to-service and ensures consistent application performance in highly dynamic, virtualized data centers. Avaya VPS simplifies VM mobility and makes it transparent to the end user. It ensures that as VMs move between servers, the appropriate connectivity, quality-of-service (QoS) and access control parameters are applied to the connected edge devices. It streamlines and automates data center device provisioning, reducing time to service and increasing IT efficiency.
Avaya VPS provides a crucial real-time view of the end-to-end virtualized data center by stitching together the virtualized infrastructure topology offered by VMware vCenter Server with the virtualized network topology provided by Avaya’s Configuration and Orchestration Manager. This end-to-end view streamlines troubleshooting and ensures proper synchronization between server administration and network operations teams. In addition, Avaya VPS provides detailed historical tracking and reporting of VM and provisioning changes to network devices.
- “Avaya VPS integration with VMware vCenter™ Server will deliver an end-to-end solution that will provide network operators with critical information they need to help them run their data center networks more efficiently — streamlining data center provisioning and simplifying troubleshooting.”
–Parag Patel, vice president, Global Strategic Alliances, VMware
- “As the data center network becomes more dynamic, it becomes critical to have tools that can bridge today’s gap between the virtualized server and virtualized network environments. We’re proud to be working with VMware to provide customers with a solution that delivers full visibility into virtualized data centers. Avaya VPS automates the provisioning of network devices to ‘follow’ virtual machines as they migrate between servers, ensuring the network is perfectly synchronized to the applications.”
– Steve Bandrowczak, vice president and general manager, Data Solutions, Avaya
For more information, please visit www.avaya.com.